Hello and welcome to Baby Buona Notte!
Nobody should go through the sleep deprivation that some of us parents do…it’s awful and unhealthy. So, I’ve made helping families get their sleep and their life back my personal mission.
Baby Buona Notte’s Philosophy
Baby Buona Notte’s approach is gentle and proven. I help families who desire to teach their child to sleep minimizing the tears as much as possible. A little crying is inevitable as the child deals with changes but everything is featured by taking in consideration the family’s values and their child’s needs. My methods encourage the attachment parenting philosophy respecting the perfect balance between being responsive to your child and leaving their time and space to figure out their own way to master the essential skill of putting yourself to sleep.
Education and Training Program
“Valentina is a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach Trained and Certified by The Sleep Lady® since July 2018”
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas and a family therapist. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 20 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of my training topics included:
– Basic counseling and child development
– Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children age 0 to 6 years old.
– Secure attachment theory
– Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
– Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
– Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
– GERD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroenterologist